[Dovecot] Thunderbird 1.5 and dovecot 1.0 beta 3 problem

Bill Boebel bill at webmail.us
Fri Mar 3 19:39:52 EET 2006

On Monday, February 20, 2006 14:32, Timo Sirainen said:

> I don't think logging itself helps. If it's Dovecot's fault, it's
> more likely that it just enters some state where it stops proxying.
> For example internally if either server's or client's output buffer
> gets full, it stops reading more input from the other side. Once the
> output buffer gets emptier it again starts processing more input.
> It's possible that there's a bug somewhere in there..
>
> Hmm. Now that I looked at the code, it is kind of ugly and difficult
> to follow. I think I'll rewrite parts of it tomorrow.

Fyi, I notice the *_stream_destroy() changes listed in the ChangeLog, so I
tried CVS dovecot-20060301.  However, Peter and other users of the proxy
still encounter the original problem that Peter described... Thunderbird
hangs sometimes when saving messages to the Sent folder.  It still saves a
copy, but Thunderbird hangs until you hit cancel.

Are there still some proxy rewrites left to be done that may fix this?

Bill