[Dovecot] subscription to mail folders not working properly anymore with dovecot1.0x ?

Timothy White dovecot.user at weirdo.bur.st
Fri Jun 30 14:33:38 EEST 2006

On 6/30/06, Alain Hofer <hofer at glue.ch> wrote:

> With dovecot_1.0 the subscriptions get properly read, but as soon as
> the user wants to make any changes to them (for example subscribing
> to a new folder out of thunderbird), the subscriptions get lost, the
> file <usershome>/Mail/.subscriptions simply disappears.
>
> Did I miss any point in the configuration? Or does someone else encounter
> the same problem?

I'm fairly sure that .subscriptions isn't used anymore after the 0.9
series. The file is just subscriptions, without a dot (as dot files
are treated as folders IIRC). Not sure if you need to remove the old
file, or if you can just move .subscriptions to subscriptions.

Try searching the list archives, I'm sure it's come up before

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956