[Dovecot] Improving interaction/performance with Mail.app?

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Fri Jun 30 10:26:02 EEST 2006

Hello,

I'm using dovecot as my IMAP server just for me, and I access it from
three machines, all using Apple Mail.app. Unfortunately the
performance is really bad, especially when deleting or copying a lot
of messages. I know this is the fault of Mail.app, whose IMAP support
leaves a lot to desire, but I was wondering if there could be some
dovecot configuration tricks that make the interaction smoother.

Thanks a lot,

Alan

--
Alan Schmitt <http://alan.petitepomme.net/>

The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool
happen.
.O.
..O
OOO