[Dovecot] quota not working on delivery

Dumitru Negara dumitru at itcnetworks.ro
Wed Jun 28 16:58:56 EEST 2006

Hi,

martin f krafft wrote:
> Hi, I am using the Debian dovecot packages and the deliver LDA from
> postfix, all version 1.0.beta8. My problem is with quota support,
> I am using Maildirs. The relevant configuration stuff is included at
> the bottom of this email.
>
> Quota support seems to work with IMAP. However, even when IMAP
> complains about an account being over quota, the deliver LDA still
> happily writes new mail to the (correct) Maildirs. I cannot see any
> warnings or other hints.
>
> Can you spot what I am doing wrong?
>
> Thanks!
>
> dovecot.conf:
>
> protocols = imap
> default_mail_env = maildir:~/.maildir
> auth default {
> mechanisms = plain
> passdb sql { args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf }
> userdb sql { args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf }
> socket listen {
> master { # LDA
> path = /var/run/dovecot-auth-master
> mode = 0600
> user = vmail
> }
> }
> }
> plugin {
> quota = maildir
> }
> protocol imap {
> mail_plugins = quota imap_quota
> }
> protocol lda {
> postmaster_address = postmaster at seamus.madduck.net
> mail_plugins = quota
> }
>
> dovecot-sql.conf:
>
> driver = pgsql
> connect = host=localhost dbname=users user=dovecot password=XXXXXXXX
> password_query = select password from vmail.users where email='%u'
> user_query = select home, uid, gid, 'maildir:storage=' || quota as
> quote from vmail.users where email='%u'

Dovecot LDA in Debian packages is a bit outdated.
In packages starting 1.0.beta5 to 1.0.beta9, LDA build is the same (from
beginning of April I guess):

dovecot (1.0.beta5-1) unstable; urgency=low

   * New upstream version.  *Also updated dovecot-lda from CVS.*
   * debian/control.  Added build-depends on flex to prevent FTBS.

 -- Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at debian.org>  *Thu, 6 Apr 2006 16:22:46 -0400

*See
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/d/dovecot/dovecot_1.0.beta9-1/changelog

And as far as I tested, this version of LDA does not care about quota at
all.

Regards,
Dumitru