[Dovecot] quota not working on delivery

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Tue Jun 27 21:55:35 EEST 2006

Hi, I am using the Debian dovecot packages and the deliver LDA from
postfix, all version 1.0.beta8. My problem is with quota support,
I am using Maildirs. The relevant configuration stuff is included at
the bottom of this email.

Quota support seems to work with IMAP. However, even when IMAP
complains about an account being over quota, the deliver LDA still
happily writes new mail to the (correct) Maildirs. I cannot see any
warnings or other hints.

Can you spot what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

dovecot.conf:

  protocols = imap
  default_mail_env = maildir:~/.maildir
  auth default {
    mechanisms = plain
    passdb sql { args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf }
    userdb sql { args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf }
    socket listen {
      master { # LDA
        path = /var/run/dovecot-auth-master
        mode = 0600
        user = vmail
      }
    }
  }
  plugin {
    quota = maildir
  }
  protocol imap {
    mail_plugins = quota imap_quota
  }
  protocol lda {
    postmaster_address = postmaster at seamus.madduck.net
    mail_plugins = quota
  }

dovecot-sql.conf:

  driver = pgsql
  connect = host=localhost dbname=users user=dovecot password=XXXXXXXX
  password_query = select password from vmail.users where email='%u'
  user_query = select home, uid, gid, 'maildir:storage=' || quota as quote from vmail.users where email='%u'

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net

"women love us for our defects.
 if we have enough of them,