[Dovecot] 1.0 RC1 status

J.M. Maurer mmaurer at betterbe.com
Tue Jun 27 15:21:09 EEST 2006

> > Erm, i think your mail client got confused, as I see it in the files
> > just fine. [1]
>
> No, even more stupid. I opened it with a text editor and accidentally
> deleted it myself.. :)

:-P

> > > The command tags look a bit weird though. Does Outlook really use those?
> > > Or do you have some kind of firewall or proxy in the middle?
> >
> > Yep, it really does send those command tags. No firewall, no proxy... a
> > direct connection from the Win32 machine to the Linux machine.
>
> Well, I can't really think of anything then. Usually the hangs have been
> because the connection hangs for some reason, like with large FETCH
> replies. But there was nothing like that in your case. The hangs seem to
> happen after Outlook has closed the IMAP connection, so maybe it doesn't
> like some mail or something..

Hmm, that would be strange, as it happens with all our Outlook 2003
clients.. then again, you never know how braindead Outlook is, and which
mails it can't handle.

Btw, the disconnect only came after a long (ie. 1 min) wait while doing
send/receive. When the disconnect came in the rawlog, Outlook still kept
showing the progress bar, waiting forever.

Marc