[Dovecot] Trash expire plugin

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jun 24 22:40:04 EEST 2006

On Sat, 2006-06-24 at 10:00 +0800, Timothy White wrote:
> On 6/8/06, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> > Dovecot will soon have a plugin which allows running a nightly cronjob
> > to expunge mails from configured mailboxes which have been in there for
> > a configurable amount of time. For example the configuration could be:
> >
> > plugin {
> >   # Trash 7d, Spam 30d
> >   expire = Trash 7 Spam 30
> > }
>
> Timo, how is progress on this? Is there anything we can do to help,
> cause I'm really interested in this.

Do you want it to expunge when user logs in or in some nightly runs?
Currently it supports only doing it via nightly runs, which also means
keeping a database of users' mailboxes and their expire times.

The plugin part of it is basically done, but the nightly run binary
needs a bit of work. Although the plugin hasn't been tested more than
that "it compiles"..