[Dovecot] Re: Group-based filesystem quota

Steffen Kaiser skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Fri Jun 23 10:27:47 EEST 2006

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Scott Alter wrote:

> name and the group name must currently be the same.  Does anyone know of a
> way to capture the group that the user writes files as?

Actually, this is not as easy as it sounds, because an user can be member
of more than just one group and some filesystems allow to force a
particular group on newly created files (e.g. via mount or setgid on the
directory). But I suppose that the getegid() style you use in the patch is
what most people are using.

Bye,

--
Steffen Kaiser