[Dovecot] quotas on shared folders

Nicolas Boullis nicolas.boullis at ecp.fr
Thu Jun 22 15:54:41 EEST 2006

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 18:06 +0200, Nicolas Boullis wrote:
>
>>My problem is that I could not fire out how to set quotas on shared
>>folders. Is it possible?
>

> Not really. Shared folders still aren't properly supported. I'm not
> actually sure how quotas even should work in shared folders.

To be honnest, I know very little about imap quotas, and even less about
shared folders.
But my non-educated guess is that it should not be much different from
quotas on private folders: there is a quota to the folder, and it is not
allowed to add a message if it would lead to exceed the quota. Hence,
this would be independant from the user's quota.

Am I missing something obvious?

Cheers,

Nicolas