[Dovecot] Question about acls

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 20 11:51:39 EEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 09:45 +0200, Stian Jordet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to have a maildir-folder with an acl letter "i", but not
> "r"? I mean, the folder always seems empty for the user, but he can copy
> mail there? (which of course might be readable for another user..)

Yes, but lacking "r" right means that the SELECT and EXAMINE commands
fail for it. Some clients want to open the mailbox after copying/saving
messages, and I'm not sure what they would do if the select command
failed.

I guess showing the mailbox as empty without giving errors would be
another possibility, but that's not supported currently.