[Dovecot] repairing mbox files

Dominic Lepiane dlepiane at irmacs.sfu.ca
Tue Jun 20 02:32:48 EEST 2006

Hi folks,

Is there a good tool for repairing/working with mbox files?  I'm trying to get
a user moved off of Entourage (Outlook for Mac).  Entourage actually exports
the mail (was pop, will be imap) as mbox files, however, I can't just drop
them in place even after fixing the line-endings.  many of the messages with
attachments come up with the correct header info but no message body or
attachment.  But some work so it's clearly a problem that a lot the messages
are malformed somehow.

Server is RHEL 4, dovecot-0.99.11-2.EL4.1
Current client is Mozilla Thunderbird (1.5.0.4) in Mac OS X 10.4.6 using IMAP.
Previous client was MS Entourage (OS x 10.4.6) using POP.

Thanks in advance.
--
Dominic Lepiane
Simon Fraser University/IRMACS