[Dovecot] beta8 + mbox + Thunderbird

Hauke Fath hf at spg.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jun 19 15:00:30 EEST 2006

Am 19.06.2006 um 13:34 Uhr +0300 schrieb Timo Sirainen:
>On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 12:15 +0200, Thomas Hummel wrote:
>>  Recently I put a co-worker who's using Thunderbird (1.5.0.4) on it and
>>  he seemed to have lost some messages (which were delivered on the
>>  spool since seen on procmail logfile).
>
>As far as I know Dovecot has never deleted a message unless the client
>has requested it to do so.
>
>Did the user (or his client) move those messages to some other mailbox
>or were they lost in INBOX?

What I did see occasionally with Mozilla and Thunderbird was that a
message that had been moved to another mailbox showed up in the INBOX
and the destination mailbox, and disappeared in _both_ mailboxes when
deleted from one. Not sure who is to blame here, but Dovecot's mbox
handling still seems to have "issues", like the occasional
duplication of mails, and mails status being reset to unread.

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign                    Hauke Fath
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik