[Dovecot] Help! Uidlist files are gone and won't come back; imap keeps coredumping!

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jun 18 01:55:04 EEST 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 09:09 -0700, Mario Nigrovic wrote:
> Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 14:17 -0700, Mario Nigrovic-rvvk40 wrote:
> >> Context #6 seems interesting.  Why is the cxt pointer 0x25 here? and what the heck is that size?
> >
> > It just means that gdb isn't perfect and sometimes it looks at things
> > wrong, especially if the binary was compiled with optimization enabled.
> >
> > But that crash probably wasn't caused by the real problem. Attached
> > another patch which hopefully works correctly. :)
>
> Sorry - I didn't install the patch to fix the "null" error string for the last report.  Here is a core dump from a version of imap with that patch compiled in.

Something's really weird in your system :) I think I'm a bit further in
figuring this out, but the next problem seems to be that dovecot-uidlist
doesn't exist when it should.. They have at no point come back? And
there are no permission or other write problems to the maildir?

If you try the latest snapshot from http://dovecot.org/nightly/ does it
anymore crash?