[Dovecot] 1.0 beta 9 problems

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jun 18 00:53:17 EEST 2006

On Sat, 2006-06-17 at 16:52 -0400, Peter Chiu wrote:
> Two problems with this new beta not found in beta 8.
>
> 1. mbox_from_create error
>
> This is the configure string I use, and I paste the make error message
> below. I have to use "--with-storages=maildir,mbox" to get around the error.
..
> /opt1/source/dovecot-1.0.beta9/src/deliver/deliver.c:301: undefined
> reference to `mbox_from_create'

Well, this is because the delivery agent uses mbox code to parse the
input mail as a virtual mbox. Some day I'll add a "plain" storage which
can be used to access files as single mails, and it can be used instead
of mbox code for this. There's still anyway the same problem if the
plain storage is dropped.

So, I think I'll just add a check to configure that gives an error
message if mbox storage is removed but --without-deliver isn't given.