[Dovecot] Error: socket() failed: Protocol not supported ERROR in dovecot-1.0.beta9

Jeff Gardiner gardiner at imaging.robarts.ca
Wed Jun 14 16:50:42 EEST 2006

I tried both solutions that were recommended:
i. to compile with the --disable-ipv6 tag set.
ii. to insert ssl_listen = *:993 into the dovecot.conf file.

Using --disable-ipv6 didn't seem to fix it, however the second
suggestion DID WORK for me.  Thanks very much.

A third suggestion was made to run dovecot in strace.  I haven't done
this yet, but may, once I am finished upgrading my email service.

Cheers
Jeff