[Dovecot] 1.0 roadmap

Fintec mailing_list at fintec.co.nz
Tue Jun 13 03:56:19 EEST 2006

Hi Timo,

I'd like to add complete Public Shared Folders for virtual users (as
discussed previously on list) to the wish list.

Main problems with ACL implementation currently are:
1) Namespace prefixes are currently ignored, therefore vfile global
acl's must be used which are less flexible
2) Unable to use anything more than lrwsiea acl listing in vfile. Adding
any more of the ACLs, for example k, dovecot reports:
dovecot: IMAP(user1 at domain.com): ACL file /etc/dovecot-acls/Management
line 1: Unknown ACL 'k'
3) Global ACLs stop other non-ACL restricted public namespace
directories working (in my configuration)

UPDATE: apparently 2) is fixed with b8 but I haven't had a chance to
test.

Gavin