[Dovecot] ./configure and /or Makefile problem

B.O.F.H. bofh at null-route.org
Mon Jun 12 17:53:33 EEST 2006

This is on a "from bare-metal" install of OpenBSD 3.9, using the
standard ports tree to install GNU utilities like autoconfig, gmake, etc.

# automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.9.6
Written by Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat.com>.

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There
is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

# ldconfig -vr | grep roken
# ld -lroken
ld: cannot find -lroken
#

# pwd
/src/mail/dovecot-1.0.beta8
# grep lroken *
Makefile:AUTH_LIBS =  -L at libdir@ -lgssapi -lkrb5 -lasn1
@LIB_des_appl@ -lroken @LIB_crypt@ @LIB_dbopen@ @LIBS@
- -L/usr/local/lib -lpq -L/usr/local/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lz -lm
config.log:AUTH_LIBS=' -L at libdir@ -lgssapi -lkrb5 -lasn1
@LIB_des_appl@ -lroken @LIB_crypt@ @LIB_dbopen@ @LIBS@
- -L/usr/local/lib -lpq -L/usr/local/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lz -lm'
config.status:s, at AUTH_LIBS@, -L at libdir@ -lgssapi -lkrb5 -lasn1
@LIB_des_appl@ -lroken @LIB_crypt@ @LIB_dbopen@ @LIBS@
- -L/usr/local/lib -lpq -L/usr/local/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lz -lm,;t t

To my admittedly non-programmatic eye, it sure looks like something
is populating -lroken through the configure process, even when it
doesn't exist and ld returns an error code.

Is there any further data I can extract and /or pass along to help
figure out where this is coming from?

Thanks,

- --
Ed V.