[Dovecot] Verbose logs to show ACL hits?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jun 12 16:27:14 EEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 14:15 +0100, Gavin Henry wrote:
> <quote who="Timo Sirainen">
> > On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 13:59 +0100, Gavin Henry wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Using Beta here, but can't see anything in dovecot.conf for this?
> >>
> >> Any tips?
> >
> > Doesn't exist. If they were added, it should be controlled by mail_debug
> > setting. Patches welcome ;)
> >

> What files in src/plugins/acl/ should we be looking at?

did you mean you want to log all ACL checks or only when ACL prevents
something? For the former mail_debug=yes would be good, but for latter I
think there should be new plugin setting, something like verbose_acl=yes
in the plugin {} section. Anyway both of these can be taken with
getenv("DEBUG") or getenv("VERBOSE_ACL").

Maybe the easiest way would be to handle this in acl-storage.c
acl_storage_have_right() since all checks go through it.