[Dovecot] Re: LDA Questions

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jun 11 18:04:37 EEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 10:20 +0800, Timothy White wrote:
> On 4/13/06, Timothy White <dovecot.user at weirdo.bur.st> wrote:
> > Firstly, if you're out of quota for example, and using postfix, will
> > it need to send a bounce email, or will it do the out of quota error
> > at SMTP time? (preferred)
>
> Hmm, I've come back to this place again. Any ideas people?
> Will Dovecot-LDA to SMTP time errors? Can it?

Currently it sends a reject message in any case. I guess it could be
changed to (optionally?) return the error message to caller instead. But
I'm not exactly sure how that works.

In any case that requires calling the LDA immediately after the mail is
received. I thought people didn't like to do that because if there are
slow spam checks and such the incoming SMTP connection pool could
quickly fill up and new SMTP connections would get rejected.