[Dovecot] Re: Trash expire plugin

Mark Nienberg gmane at tippingmar.com
Sat Jun 10 00:55:41 EEST 2006

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> Dovecot will soon have a plugin which allows running a nightly cronjob
> to expunge mails from configured mailboxes which have been in there for
> a configurable amount of time. For example the configuration could be:
>
> plugin {
>   # Trash 7d, Spam 30d
>   expire = Trash 7 Spam 30
> }

I'm looking forward to this.  In the meantime, for messages in Maildir
format, is it safe to delete message files using a simple cron script
based on "find" with a specified mtime?

For mbox style I've used the common scripts "archivemail" and
"expiremail.pl", and I'm looking for something similar to use with Maildir.

Thanks,
Mark