[Dovecot] Dovecot, IMAP, and mutt

Travis Poppe tlp at LiquidX.org
Sun Jun 4 01:25:19 EEST 2006

Hello,

I'm running FreeBSD 6.0 release on x86 hardware and am using mutt
version 1.5.11. Not running dovecot on/over NFS or anything, just the
standard UFS2 filesystem. I'm also using SSL for IMAP.

Since dovecot 1.0.b8, I've had to instruct mutt to do things twice
(such as deleting) before the changes will actually occur. I've
confirmed that this does not happen with dovecot 1.0.b7, which is what
I'm using now to work around the problem.

To repeat, use mutt 1.5.11 in IMAP/SSL mode with dovecot 1.0.b8 and try
to mark some mail for deletion. Then, press the '$' key to enact the
changes. You'll see that the piece(s) of mail will still be there after
doing so. Pressing the '$' key again will cause the mail to be removed.

Any ideas as to what's going on?

Thanks,
--
Travis Poppe