[Dovecot] Since Updating Dovecot - Problem by connecting with Client

Mailing newsletter at dc4all.biz
Sun Jun 4 19:38:16 EEST 2006

Soren Hansen schrieb:
> On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 12:33:03PM +0200, Mailing wrote:
>
>> in the last days I've updated my dovecot on my Gentoo System. Before
>> all went fine. Since the update it doesn't work in any way.  After the
>> Update my Thunderbird Client says: The Connecction could not proceeded
>> because it was rejected. Another message was, that I should use TLS or
>> SSL to connect. I've not changed my config - probably the update does
>> - and it's only a simple configuration in my home-network.
>>

>> Has anybody an idea which is causing the problem?
>>

> Which version  are you upgrading from and to and which protocol are you
> trying to use?

The actual version is 1.0 beta 8 - I doesn't know really from which
version i've upgraded - because it was an gentoo update after some
months including dovecot.
The protocol i try to use is imap, like i describe in the small
configuration part. I won't use imaps - but in some way my thunderbird
client says i should use tsl or ssl.
If i use this option the server rejects the connection.

/var/log/messages says:

localhost dovecot: imap-login: Aborted login: rip=10.2.2.144, lip=10.2.2.15

the 10.2.2.144 is my notebook with Thunderbird
the 10.2.2.15 is my gentoo "mailserver"