[Dovecot] Specifying with openssl to use

Chase chase at osdev.org
Sun Jun 4 04:33:21 EEST 2006

I'm trying to setup dovecot on Solaris 10. I can get it all working
except TLS/SSL. I traced my problem down to the version of openssl that
Solaris 10 ships with. The fix is supposed to be to use a newer version
of openssl. Without removing the built-in version of openssl I've
installed openssl-0.9.8b to /usr/local.

When I "./configure" dovecot it seems to always pick up the broken
version of openssl in /usr/sfw.  How do I make dovecot use an alternate
copy of openssl? How is it even finding the one in /usr/sfw?

Thanks,
-Chase

I tried setting CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS already.