[Dovecot] dovecot can't start!

Robin Breathe robin at isometry.net
Fri Jun 2 18:46:33 EEST 2006

On 30 May 2006, at 14:30, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 19:20 +0400, Oleg D. wrote:
>> MB> However another solution was provided by Timo in the form of a
>> simple patch
>> MB> that made changes to a couple of source files.  I hope Timo
>> doesn't mind:
>> MB> I'm re-sending his patch as an attachment to this message as
>> it is tiny.
>> MB> You could try applying it and rebuilding Dovecot.
>>
>> But I use FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE-p15 with native compiler.
>> Really nobody has this problem on freebsd?
>
> I think the patch could have solved your problem, since the error
> message really looks the same as what it was made to fix. Also the SSL
> error it causes could be explained by the same problem (ssl_listen_fd
> contains a random number which just happens to be a socket).
>
> Maybe FreeBSD 4.11 has a bit older gcc which doesn't by default
> compile
> with C99 enabled.

My 1.0.b8_1 update to the FreeBSD port was committed on the 27th of May.
It includes a simple patch to resolve the C99 issue.
It also contained a fix for a dlerror() reset issue; I hope the
originator has already reported this to you Timo? If not, details
here: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=97671.

Regards,
Robin