[Dovecot] Public Namespace & ACL & Virtual Users

Fintec mailing_list at fintec.co.nz
Thu Jun 1 01:40:04 EEST 2006

Thanks for the reply Timo.

I think one of my main problems is that: "Namespace prefixes are
currently ignored". My public namespace is defined as:

---------- snip ----------
namespace public {
   separator = .
   prefix = Public_Folders.
   location = maildir:/home/vmail/domains/%
d/Public_Folders:CONTROL=/home/vmail/domains/%d/%
n/Public_Folders/support:INDEX=/home/vmail/domains/%d/%
n/Public_Folders/index
   hidden = no
}
---------- snip ----------

This means when I try and add a dovecot-acl file into one of my
Public_Folders (in the public name space) it isn't seen at all. I
switched to using a vfile global acl which is at least seen but I'm
getting mixed results. To test I created /etc/dovecot-acls/Management:
user=user1 at domain.com lrwsiea
user=user2 at domain.com lrwsie

If I add any more of the ACLs, for example k dovecot reports:
dovecot: IMAP(user1 at domain.com): ACL file /etc/dovecot-acls/Management
line 1: Unknown ACL 'k'

This means I have been able to restrict access to the Management folder
but because I cannot add k to the ACL list I'm unable to create folders
within this. Also, when using the vfile global ACL
file  /etc/dovecot-acls/Management none of the other Public_Folder sub
directories are available at all!

In summary:
- dovecot-acl file within public namespace directory isn't found because
ACL ignores namespace prefix
- global ACLs partialy work with virtual users but currently not able to
do more than lrwsiea
- global ACLs stop other non-ACL restricted public namespace directories
working (in my configuration)

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Gavin