[Dovecot] Re: extremely slow delete/move operations?

Simon Waters simonw at zynet.net
Tue Jan 31 16:46:55 EET 2006

On Monday 30 Jan 2006 18:21, Michael Renner wrote:

> NFS can be a real performance killer, but to be sure I'd strace (with -tt)
> a dovecot process and check where it spends most of it's time.

Especially NFS with blocking writes on large files.... Done badly, with the
wrong file system I've seen servers disks trash continuously, and IO down at
something resembling paper tape (well I exaggerate slightly).

Check the NFS time for copying larges files, compare to say FTP, NFS should be
slower than FTP, but only says 20% slower....