[Dovecot] Shared maildirs

Steffen Kaiser skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Tue Jan 31 09:36:53 EET 2006

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> OK, that at least comes within a month. I'm not exactly sure yet what
> would be the best way to configure them though. One possibility would be
> some global /etc/dovecot-acls.conf and another would be per-mailbox
> dovecot-acls file. Or perhaps both could be supported.. Suggestions
> welcome :)

Actually, I would prefer having one ACL configuration per folder. There
you could also store any other folder-specific settings, say "have flags
per user" vs. "share flags among users" or "inherit settings to (newly
created?) sub-folders" or "may create sub-folders".

A system-wide configuration is hard to maintain, if it applies to every
folder.

Bye,

--
Steffen Kaiser