[Dovecot] I gonna understand one day

ohp at pyrenet.fr ohp at pyrenet.fr
Sun Jan 29 22:06:03 EET 2006

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 13:31:27 +0200
> From: Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
> To: ohp at pyrenet.fr
> Cc: dovecot at dovecot.org
> Subject: Re: [Dovecot] I gonna understand one day
>
> On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 12:01 +0100, ohp at pyrenet.fr wrote:
> > I'm still struggling with dovecot and Unixware:
> > On my main server, I have two problems:
> > 1- imap-login has great difficulties to connect to 'default'.
> > I have traced it to accept in auth_master_listener.c witch fails with
> > errno=71 (EPROTO) weird...
>
> Well, unfortunately these are quite clearly UnixWare specific problems,
> and there aren't many people who care about UnixWare anymore. I think
> I'd rather use my free time (which I really don't have much nowadays)
> for something that benefits more people..
Well, How disapointing!
I respect what you say but disagree with it.
Unixware is not dead and is a very powerfull system. But I don't wan't to
start a war!

Could you tell me how I can have imap-login put the full pathname of
'default' into sun.path as this is the last try for me.

My idea is that dovecot-auth binds <path>/login/default and imap-login
chdir or chroot to <path>/login and connects to default. That might be the
problem.

> > 2- It some times works and I can log-in but imap gets killed by signal 6
> > (abort?)
> > Jan 24 14:59:47 dovecot: imap(ohp): Trying to allocate 0 bytes
>
> I'd like to get a backtrace from this though to see where it crashes.
> See "Core dumps" in http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html
Sure,  as soon as I make it work again.

Regards
--
Olivier PRENANT        	        Tel: +33-5-61-50-97-00 (Work)
15, Chemin des Monges                +33-5-61-50-97-01 (Fax)
FRANCE                          Email: ohp at pyrenet.fr