[Dovecot] Upgrade to a new system

Daniel Davidson danield at igb.uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 27 21:40:43 EET 2006

Hello,

I have a system that I am preparing to update that currently uses
dovecot for pop and imap (will have same ip as old system).  In tests, I
at times re-download data from the server if I have deleted or moved it
in the client and the data is still on the server (just for pop).  I am
guessing the UIDs generated are different on the new system.  Is there
any way to check and see if they are the same on each system, and if
they are not, how can I move that information over.

thanks,

Dan