[Dovecot] Support for Kmail maildir format

Graham Cobb g+dovecot at cobb.uk.net
Thu Jan 26 21:50:36 EET 2006

On Thursday 26 Jan 2006 18:42, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 26 Jan 2006 17:35, Graham Cobb wrote:
> > If you create a folder (say it is called ABC) in Kmail and start
> > putting mail in it, Kmail creates a directory on the disk called ABC
> > (not .ABC) and creates the cur, new and tmp folders within it to
> > contain the email.
> >
> > If you then create a subfolder of ABC (say it is called DEF,
> > contained within the ABC folder), Kmail creates a directory on the
> > disk called .ABC.directory and creates the DEF directory within that.
>
> Are you sure about that?  If I create an imap folder it asks me whether
> I intend it to contain other folders OR messages.

I'm talking about Kmail's own local maildir folders, not Kmail using IMAP
folders.  I am not trying to access any IMAP folders from Kmail: I am trying
to use IMAP to serve Kmail local folders to other mail clients.

If I ask Kmail to create a maildir folder in Local Folders it is happy for it
to contain both messags and other folders.  I use that heavily.

Graham