[Dovecot] Dovecot don't recognise new messages in maildir /new

Tim Wagner tim at linux-daus.de
Thu Jan 26 10:56:01 EET 2006

Hi,

sorry for the imprecise information.

Postfix is configured for virtual hosting the different lookup tables are stored in a mysql db. The delivery path for the different email addresses is always '/mail/domainpart/localpart/', of course without the 'new/'! :-)

My dovecot.conf follows

base_dir = /var/run/dovecot/
protocols = imaps pop3s
disable_plaintext_auth = yes
login_user = dovecot
login_process_size = 32
login_process_per_connection = yes
login_processes_count = 3
login_max_processes_count = 128
login_max_logging_users = 256
login_greeting = Dovecot ready.
login_log_format_elements = user=<%u> method=%m rip=%r lip=%l %c
login_log_format = %$: %s
max_mail_processes = 128
default_mail_env = maildir:/mail/%d/%n/
mailbox_idle_check_interval = 10
mail_full_filesystem_access = no
protocol imap {
}
protocol pop3 {
}
auth_executable = /usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-auth
auth_debug = yes
auth default {
}

I hope it helps to discover the problem.

Thanks!