[Dovecot] Dovecot-1.0.beta1: New mail sometimes fails to appear

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Tue Jan 24 01:12:35 EET 2006

Jakob Curdes wrote:
> My reason for using such an old version is that up to the recent report
> of mail not appearing there were no problems whatsoever and it is
> running in a protected environment - so I stuck to "never change a
> runnning system". I have other machines running newer versions, but
> could never make out a difference in stability. Performance might not be
> such an issue in small environments with <15 users. As for the 1.0 jump,
> I am waiting for the noise on this list to settle before upgrading.

After I'd send my post, I realised I should have elaborated somewhat.  I
currently run 0.99.14, and recommend you at least move up to it.  I understand
entirely the move to 1.0 is non-trivial, and have not had the time to do it myself.

And yes, "if it aint broke..." is also another good reason to not upgrade :)

... must remember not to post before my coffee...

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net