[Dovecot] Connection refused

ohp at pyrenet.fr ohp at pyrenet.fr
Mon Jan 23 20:28:43 EET 2006

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 19:36:16 +0200
> From: Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
> To: ohp at pyrenet.fr
> Cc: dovecot at dovecot.org
> Subject: Re: [Dovecot] Connection refused
>
> On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 14:49 +0100, ohp at pyrenet.fr wrote:
> > Dear Timo et all,
> >
> > I wanted to put dovecot on production on my real server but, be it with
> > the beta1 you left on my machine yesterday on beta2, when I launch
> > dovecot, I have tons of messages in syslogs like :
> >
> > imap-login: can't connect to auth server at default: Connection refused.
>
> Since UnixWare created the authentication sockets as fifos instead of
> UNIX sockets, maybe it only allows a single connection to it. If that's
> the case, I don't see a way to fix this without larger changes..

I don't think so:
Unixware creates unix sockets correctly but REPORTS them as FIFO
I use unix sockets with for example postgresql with no problem.

I there something you want me to try?

Regards,
--
Olivier PRENANT        	        Tel: +33-5-61-50-97-00 (Work)
15, Chemin des Monges                +33-5-61-50-97-01 (Fax)
FRANCE                          Email: ohp at pyrenet.fr