[Dovecot] dovecot-lda and vpopmail

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Sun Jan 22 17:23:34 EET 2006

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> Well, I suppose I could make it non-required in which case it uses
> autodetection for the mailbox location. Although I'm not so sure if
> autodetection is all that great idea when delivering the mail. Anyway,
> changed in CVS now.

Ideally, the exact same code would be used in deliver as is used in the IMAP
server for determining the mailbox location, since both services rely on the
same stanzas in dovecot.conf for configuration.  If the site configuration is
relying on autodetection for IMAP, it make sense to do so for deliver as well.

I was wondering if it wouldn't be best to share the imap/namespace.c code (since
you already have a comment in deliver.c about handling namespaces).

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group