[Dovecot] Dovecot-1.0.beta1: New mail sometimes fails to appear

Tom Alsberg alsbergt at cs.huji.ac.il
Sun Jan 22 14:23:56 EET 2006

Reuben Farrelly wrote:
> Tom can you
> reproduce it that way too or is this a different bug?  [I think it's the
> same one..]

While it may be related to the same cause, I think it is not exactly the
same bug - not the same issue anyway.

* Here this happens with INBOX being an mbox, not a maildir.
* 2 minutes do not help.  In fact, it seems that when Thunderbird (1.5)
is set to use IDLE, it does nothing (in the network capture I see
nothing sent from it) when clicking "Get Mail".

This basically means that if I have Thunderbird set to use the IDLE
extension, given this bug, sometimes the only way to see my new mail is
to close Thunderbird and reopen it, since "Get Mail" does not appear to
do anything (and the IDLE notify does not work).

If you find out something about your problem, though, I'd be interested
to know.

> reuben

   -- Tom

--
   Tom Alsberg - hacker (being the best description fitting this space)
   Web page:	http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~alsbergt/