[Dovecot] Resync dovecot index after manual moving mails in maildir

Danilo Reinhardt danilo.reinhardt at gmx.net
Fri Jan 20 21:27:36 EET 2006

Hello,

i'm new to dovecot and this list. Dovecot works very well after all! I
now have a small problem, maybe there is a solution.

For automatically spam learning i've created a maildir folder called
"spam learn". Every hour spamassassin scans this folder and learn from
the mails or files at this folder. After this learn i move the files to
trash. If at this moment a client is connected via imap to this account,
the mua (in my case thunderbird) doesnt  update its folder view after
reselecting the folder. Is this a mua problem or is this a index
"problem" in dovecot (i know, it isnt a real problem or bug). If the
second is the truth, is there any possibility to tell dovecot to rescan
the maildir?

Thanks in advance.

Bye from Germay
Danilo