[Dovecot] Duplicate suppression

Greg Trounson gregt at maths.otago.ac.nz
Tue Jan 17 05:26:46 EET 2006

Hi there,

Does the Dovecot project have plans to implement duplicate suppression
at some stage?

I have a situation where several people belong to more than one mailing
list.  One alias ('staff') incorporates several lists.  These staff are
receiving duplicate messages (one copy for every list they're on) when a
message is sent to this staff alias. There is no reason they need to
receive more than one copy.

There seems to be no way I can turn that feature off in my MTA so I
thought I'd try a bit further down the chain.

thanks,
Greg