[Dovecot] 1.0 beta1 testing

Jakob Hirsch jh at plonk.de
Mon Jan 16 11:10:09 EET 2006

Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Note that there's one big change here: DH parameters are now set for SSL
> to get forward secrecy, and Dovecot doesn't really start until it sees
> them for the first time. The first generation may take minutes, or even
> longer if you have an old computer.

Oh. And I thougt ssl was broken when I tested the latest cvs yesterday.
The new message "... may take a while" is better. A "finished" message
would also be nice.

> If this becomes a real problem, I suppose I could include pregenerated
> DH parameters that are used until the generation completes for the first
> time..

I don't really know that this file is good for. Btw, it is created world
readable, I hope that is by intention.

If a pregenerated file is not a security issue, it would be good to
install it, I think. Otherwise it would be better to include such a
parameter file, but not install it by default, so people can decide by
themselves and nobody
gets surprised (and the security people will also be happy).