[Dovecot] Patch: More of kqueue() support.

Vaclav Haisman v.haisman at sh.cvut.cz
Sat Jan 14 02:53:04 EET 2006

Sorry for the delayed response. I was a bit busy.

Timo Sirainen wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 22:42 +0100, Vaclav Haisman wrote:
>

>>The directory change notification is not really well tested because Dovecot
>>doesn't seem to use it that much.
>>

>Give "IDLE" command in IMAP and it'll get used. dnotify works only with
>maildirs. I'm not sure if inotify works also with mboxes. If possible
>try to get kqueue() to work with mboxes too :)

I have tested the notification with IDLE command and it works fine for
Maildir. It doesn't seem to work with mbox either.

>Also is it necessary to use two kqueue()s?

Well, the notification about changes in directory and polling file
handles are imho two different things. I think it is both logical and
easier to keep it separate.

Vaclav Haisman