[Dovecot] compiling Dovecot CVS version, 1 problem, 1 wish, 3 questions

Steffen Kaiser skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Fri Jan 13 12:47:53 EET 2006

Hello,

today I checked out a new copy of Dovecot (and LDA) from CVS:

File: ChangeLog         Status: Up-to-date

    Working revision:    1.2765
    Repository revision: 1.2765  /home/cvs/dovecot/ChangeLog,v

I could compile them, but my findings follow:

- the problem:
I copied dovecot-lda below CVS_ROOT/dovecot, the first make attempt failed
with this fatal error:

make[3]: Entering directory
`/var/autofs/fb02/prgdist/dovecot/dovecot/dovecot-lda/src/libsieve'
/bin/sh ../../ylwrap `test -f 'addr.y' || echo './'`addr.y y.tab.c addr.c
y.tab.h addr.h y.output addr.output -- bison -y  -d -p addr
../../ylwrap: ../../ylwrap: No such file or directory

the "ylwrap" is actually located in the Dovecot directory,
hence, one directory up, so running

ln -s ../ylwrap .

in CVS_ROOT/dovecot/dovecot-lda fixed the problem.

- the wish:
It would be nice, if one could compile dovecot-lda right in the CVS
locations without the need to give any option, e.g. the default "dovecot"
path could be "../dovecot".

- the questions:

running ./autogen.sh results in:
configure.in:1562: required file `./config.h.in' not found
SUBDIRS: variable `DELIVER' is used but `DELIVER' is undefined

^^ Maybe the 2nd error results in that I passed "--without-deliver" to
./configure?

running ./configure results in:
checking for shared library run path origin... ./config.rpath:
./config.rpath: No such file or directory
done

running dovecot-lda/autogen.sh results in:
configure.in:4: required file `./lda-config.h.in' not found

Neither of these error messages prevent to built Dovecot,
but they does not look "correct".

Bye,

--
Steffen Kaiser