[Dovecot] Running dovecot-lda

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jan 4 12:23:59 EET 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 17:15 +1300, Reuben Farrelly wrote:
> > Does anybody use the combination dovecot 1.0 alpha5 and dovecot-lda
> > 0.1 with success or would you recommend running -lda from CVS?  If so,
>
> I'm usually synced up to both in CVS (non critical machine) and at the moment it
> works OK.  I doubt you'd have problems mixing dovecot-lda CVS with anything
> remotely recent but you should ideally run latest alpha release (or CVS if you
> track the changes) of dovecot also.

Current dovecot-lda can use dovecot.conf nowadays, and requires a
"protocol lda" section in dovecot.conf. That however gives config
parsing error with anything but latest Dovecot CVS.. You could of course
make dovecot-lda use a separate config file.

> I'd say going by the changes in CVS, it is only a matter of short time before
> the deliver code is pulled from dovecot, and the once-separated
> super-sieve-ehnahced lda merged in to become part of the core package.

Not really. I'd rather see some other Sieve implementation used by
Dovecot-LDA, but there just doesn't seem to be any easy way to use
others than the Cyrus Sieve. I'll at some point merge the two different
LDAs and make some kind of easy way to plug in Sieve code, but the Sieve
code will still stay as separate package..