[Dovecot] LDAP - authentication with bind vs. password attribute read -> fast_bind anyone?

Geff boing at boing.com
Sun Jan 1 13:37:27 EET 2006

Marc,

Excellent patch!

All,

I've attached a patch in which I just added "fast_bind = yes" style
configuration to it.  This parameter also needs the userdn parameter
set to something like: "cn=%u,ou=people,o=org".  I reused most of
Marc's code.

I hope this is helps.  I'm using it on my openbsd system and it seems
to work.  Comments are welcome.  I attempted to follow the conventions
used in the auth_bind patch that was committed to cvs.

Geff