[Dovecot] Change Default IMAP folder

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Tue Feb 28 00:26:37 EET 2006

Marco wrote:
> Hi all,
> I use dovecot  0.99.14-1
>
> Can I change the default Dovecot IMAP Trash folder from .Draft to .Drafts?
> Dovecot make a .Draft folder and my e-mail clients (Thunderbird -
> Outlook Express) makes .Drafts folder.

Erm... why are you using "Drafts" for your Trash folder?

I think you'll find it's your mail client creating the folder.  IMAP doesn't
need a trash folder, per se, as it can mark a message deleted, and expunge it
later.  The only folder Dovecot will create is the INBOX.

Thunderbird allows you to specify what to call the Trash, Drafts, and Templates
folders.  Perhaps you could configure it in-line with Outlook.

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net