[Dovecot] Problems with dovecot-sieve on Debian Etch using dovecot LDA

Samir M. Nassar dovecot at myriapolis.net
Sat Dec 30 18:12:08 UTC 2006

On Saturday 30 December 2006 12:09, Luca Corti wrote:

> > > I think mail_plugins does the trick.
> >
> > But it isn't and the logging isn't saying anything and no .err is being
> > generated,
>
> Don't understand what you mean. Have you added mail_plugins to the
> Protocol lda section? What happens?

It has been there all along:

protocol lda {
	# Address to use when sending rejection mails.
	postmaster_address = postmaster at myriapolis.net

	# Hostname to use in various parts of sent mails, eg. in Message-Id.
	# Default is the system's real hostname.
	#hostname =

	# Support for dynamically loadable plugins. mail_plugins is a space separated
	# list of plugins to load.
	mail_plugin_dir = /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lda

	# Binary to use for sending mails.
	sendmail_path = /usr/lib/sendmail

	# UNIX socket path to master authentication server to find users.
	auth_socket_path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master

	# Enabling Sieve plugin for server-side mail filtering
	mail_plugins = cmusieve
	log_path = /var/log/dovecot/deliver.log
	info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot/deliver-info.log
}

Please advise,
Samir M. Nassar