[Dovecot] dbox support state

Bill Boebel bill at webmail.us
Thu Dec 21 17:09:01 UTC 2006

On Thu, December 21, 2006 11:24 am, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> said:

> One optimization left for it would be to not store flags and keywords to
> the dbox files at all, but keep everything in index files. Once I get
> that implemented, I'll start benchmarking it. Of course the problem with
> that is that it relies on index files completely then.

With dbox, have you considered having one collection of dbox files per namespace, rather than one collection of dbox files per mailbox/folder, and then use indexes to track which emails belong to each mailbox/folder?  This would drastically speed up copying between folders, because you'd just update the index rather than writing the copied email to a new dbox file.

Just a thought.

Bill