[Dovecot] First Login (Thunderbird) Aborted in RC15?

Timothy White dovecot.user at weirdo.bur.st
Fri Dec 15 06:42:29 UTC 2006

Not sure if this is anything to worry about. Just upgraded to RC15 to
do some testing, and like always, I monitor the logs when I do this. I
restarted the server (basically a clean install, uninstalled RC2,
installed RC15, same config file), and then opened Thunderbird.

(Ip's masked)

Dec 15 14:35:50 mafeking dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<joeblogs>,
method=plain, rip=<me>, lip=<server>, TLS
Dec 15 14:35:50 mafeking dovecot: imap-login: Aborted login: rip=<me>,
lip=<server>, TLS
Dec 15 14:35:50 mafeking dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<joeblogs>,
method=plain, rip=<me>, lip=<server>, TLS

It seems ether Thunderbird tried to login twice and one failed, or it
failed the first time but succeeded the second time?

Doing the equivalent from Sylpheed (all IMAP, same account) produced
just the following line.

Dec 15 14:38:31 mafeking dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<joeblogs>,
method=PLAIN, rip=<me>, lip=<server>, TLS

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tim
--