[Dovecot] Recipient delimiters, deliver and SQL databases

Nils Vogels nivo+sender+9bb457 at is-root.com
Wed Dec 13 00:57:15 UTC 2006

Marshal Newrock wrote on 12-12-2006 0:28:
> On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 00:19:12 +0100
> Nils Vogels <nivo+sender+9bb457 at is-root.com> wrote:
>

>> On a side note: the SQL query from Marshal only works if there is a
>> recipient delimiter present, if it is not, it adds the domain name to
>> the e-mail address being looked up, causing all kinds of other
>> problems. I haven't found a SQL query to mimic the desired deliver
>> behaviour in this case yet.
>>

> I'm not sure what your data looks like.  If you can give a couple of
> samples (with delimiter and without, including what's in the database),
> I can probably cook up a good query for you. It might require an IF().

Thanks for all your help so far. I've come to the conclusion that when I
don't use dovecot's deliver but use postfix's own LDA instead, all works
as expected.

Right now I'll be focussing on that, and possibly maildrop should it
ever be needed to do some additional custom filtering, as long as
deliver doesn't have built-in recognition for recipient delimiters.

Greetings & thanks for your time,

Nils.

--
Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.

~Benjamin Franklin (American Statesman, Scientist, Philosopher, Printer, Writer and Inventor. 1706-1790)