[Dovecot] Blocked

Kenny Dail kend at amigo.net
Fri Dec 8 18:12:31 UTC 2006

> I block pop3 to force my users to use webmail (that is in fact using IMAP).
> What mechanism should trigger sending a message that pop3 is blocked?
> Once this message is send, it is either send by postfix to alternative
> email account (Postfix forward) or just read once thru Webmail. In the
> mean time this user is trying to establish pop3 on a 24/7 basis $-)

What's wrong with just ignoring the login attempts? Why not stop
listening for POP3 altogether? Or, you can block the particular user at
the firewall. Or if you have a special someone who is allowed POP3 you
can give them an alternate port to login with, and not listen at all on
port 110 if it really bothers you.
--
Kenny Dail <kend at amigo.net>