[Dovecot] Telnet Listing of IMAP mailboxes

Lovell McIlwain lovell.mcilwain at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 02:33:49 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I am trying to figure out why I am can't seem to access any of my mailboxes
that I moved from my OS X machine using UW-IMAP and I followed the
directions on the wiki (http://wiki.dovecot.org/MissingMailboxes) to try and
figure this out.  I believe based on what I saw that my client seems to be
the problem, but my question is.  Can anyone tell me what the difference
between
(\NoInferiors)
and
(\NoInferiors \Marked)

All of my mailboxes showed up when I telnet'd to my IMAP server but I
noticed some had that tag and some didn't and I'm just wondering if I should
be concerned with the difference?

If your not sure what I mean, here is a snipet of the command I ran and a
small output:

B list "" *
* LIST (\NoInferiors) "/" INBOX
* LIST (\NoInferiors \Marked) "/" "Junk E-mail"