[Dovecot] Changing the Seen Flags

Thu Dec 7 19:37:34 UTC 2006

>> As we are facing problems with public folder read/unread mails.

> Usually people want private seen flag with shared folders.

One exception that we have is our main incoming fax folder...

For this folder, we have 3 people who check it all day, and forward the
fax to whoever it is for. I would *love* to have public seen flag for
this folder, so the first person who reads a fax and forwards it will
mark it as seen, and anyone else checking the folder will know it has
already been dealt with.

But you are right, most of our other Public folders we want private seen
flags...

> I want to make this configurable, but I haven't yet much thought how
> this should be done, so for now it's hardcoded.

Afraid I can't help you much as far as how to do it, but just wanted to
give you one good example of the need.

Thanks Timo! Dovecot just gets better all the time...

--

Best regards,

Charles